- Reservations: Reservation Deposit: A $250 deposit is required at time of booking. The receipt of this deposit does not imply acceptance by
the Lessor of the booking. Only when the booking has been confirmed by the Lessor is the deposit accepted, as the first installment of the total payable.
- Payments:Payment of all rental charges, including estimated mileage charges are due upon PICKUP of the vehicle. This must be paid in U.S. Dollars by cash, Cashier’s Check, Travelers Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card. Sorry, no personal checks or Diners Card can be accepted.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUND OF TIME CHARGES FOR LATE PICKUP OR EARLY RETURN.
- Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be in writing. A $50 charge applies to all cancellations over 30 days from the date of departure. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to scheduled date of departure, reservation deposit is forfeited.
- Security Deposit: Security/Cleaning deposit is $1,000 and is fully refundable less any damage, loss of equipment, cleaning, refueling, extra days and extra mileage fees.
- Driving License/ Driving Age: All drivers must possess a driver license valid for the entire rental period and a major credit card. An international driver license is recommended for foreign tourists. Minimum age is 25 unless you provide your own insurance. Only drivers listed on the contract are allowed to drive. All drivers and their drivers’s licenses must be present at time of vehicle pick up.
- Vehicle Pickup and Return: Vehicles are available for pick up from 9 AM to 5 PM weekdays (except major holidays). Vehicles are available on weekends by appointment only. Vehicles may be picked up only by the applicant.
- Travel Restricted Areas:Travel into Mexico and Apache Trail in Arizona is not allowed. Travel into Canada is permitted with a surcharge of $75 and written authorization. Travel to Death Valley from June to October is not permitted due to extremely high temperatures which can cause system failures.Rentals for the Burning Man Festival are no longer allowed. Salty playa dust causes long-term electrical problems in Vanagons, and is extremely difficult to remove. We are sorry. We like Burning Man too, but having rented for Burning Man in the past, we now know the problems that can occur. The entire security deposit will be forfeit if there is evidence of Burning Man usage.
Driving on unpaved, dirt roads and ‘off road’ areas is not allowed.
Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown associated with operating in these areas.
- Restrictions: Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicles. Pets are only permitted with written authorization and are subject to a minimum $50 cleaning charge. Evidence of an unauthorized pet is subject to a minimum $250 cleaning charge. Towing of anything is prohibited at all times. Sitting or standing on roof of vehicle is not allowed at any time.
- Insurance: If you are a US or Canadian resident and have auto insurance coverage that covers rentals and you have full coverage (liability, comprehensive and collision) you will need to provide us your insurance information prior to the rental so we can verify the coverage. Otherwise you will need to purchase our commercial insurance at $15 per day which offers the minimum statutory liability coverage in the states you will be driving and comprehensive and collision coverage with a $1,000 deductible per occurrence. Insurance provided by credit card companies is not valid as they do not cover VAN rentals.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT NOTICE